ARDMORE, PA - The Ardmore Initiative will kickoff the holidays with the return of the 5th Annual Cricket Cringle open-air holiday market on Friday Nov. 30.
The market will be open from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Nov. 30 and from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 1
Cricket Cringle is a two-day pop-up festival that takes over Cricket Avenue at Lancaster Avenue.
The festive event features more than 40 artists, makers, businesses and restaurants, plus complimentary tote bags, live music, performances, cookie decorating, Santa's arrival, free hot cocoa, live greenery, decorations and tons of holiday cheer.
This year, vendors will include a mix of Downtown businesses, local artists and makers, new and long-time restaurants, and popular food trucks. Bring Santa's shopping list for everything from jewelry, housewares, clothing, greens, wreaths, toys and gifts for all ages.
Food trucks and food vendors will feature seasonal food and drink menus, including holiday cocktails and seasonal craft beer.
A list of vendors is featured below.
The first 500 attendees to Cricket Cringle will also receive reusable commemorative shopping totes as a special holiday gift from Downtown Ardmore.
On Saturday, look for performances by Songs for Seeds and Bethel AME Chorale Group. The Bercy will sponsor a cookie decorating station for the first 500 children, and Friends Central will host votive decorating.
Adding to the festivities, attendees can enjoy free hot cocoa outside The Bercy –7 E. Lancaster Ave. – while supplies last on the Saturday morning of the event. Inside, bring the family for a special Cricket Cringle holiday brunch with special meal trays perfect for the children.
Across Lancaster, look for French-inspired, fresh-baked holiday baked goods such as cakes, macrons, and more at Delice et Chocolat at 9 E. Lancaster Ave.
On the other side of Cricket and Lancaster, stop by one of the region's top independent children's toy stores, pucciManuli, located at 2 E. Lancaster Ave.
Cricket Cringle is free and open to the public. The event is rain or shine.
"It wouldn't be the holiday season on the Main Line without the return of Ardmore's Cricket Cringle open-air marketplace," Ardmore Initiative Executive Director Nancy Scarlato said. "Discerning shoppers will find something for everyone on their shopping list, including art, jewelry, fashion, home decor, food, drinks, live wreathes, holiday greenery, flowers, toys, beauty products, stocking stuffers - and so much more! Plus, bring the entire family for Santa's arrival on a firetruck, live performances on our stage, and family fun activities. Celebrate the holidays with us on the Main Street of the Main Line."
Vendors participating in Cricket Cringle are:
- 2 Disney Chicks – Travel
- American Trench – Menswear
- Arete Complete – Yoga mats, accessories
- Ardmore Initiative – Downtown Dollars
- C.J. Apparel and Gifts – Holiday décor, clothing
- Color Street – Bath and Body
- Hazel and Ash Organics – Specialty food gifts
- Jessica Libor Studio – Art prints, scarves
- Jhoi Broom – Decorative and functional brooms
- Junior League Thrift Shop – Women's apparel, accessories
- Licha Diamonds - Jewelry
- LILA Fashion International – Women's apparel
- Lily Lough Jewelry – Jewelry
- LulaRoe – Women's apparel
- Main Line Candles – Candles
- Merion Boy Scouts – Wreaths and greens
- Minnie and Moon – Garden and home gifts
- Orange Gardenia Jewelry – Jewelry
- Philadelphia Skating Club and Human Society – Hot cocoa
- PYKNIC – Men and women's apparel
- Revivialist Botanical Gin – Spirits
- Rosen & Co. – Candles
- Stacey Fay Designs – Jewelry
- Stella and Dot – Jewelry and apparel
- Wildflower Valley – Homegoods/jewelry
Participating food and drink vendors include:
- Baby Blues BBQ – BBQ specialties
- Bonjour Creperie – Crepes
- Crème Brolee – Desserts
- Dump n'Roll – Dumplings
- El Tlaloc – Tacos, burritos, quesadillas
- Gotta Lotta Gelata – Desserts, including signature hot chocolate
- Iron Hill Brewery – Craft beer
- Jack McShea's – home made pretzels and baked goods
- John Henry's Pub – Food, assorted adult beverages
- Nothing Bundt Cakes – Food
- Race to Taste – Cheesesteaks, sausages, hotdogs, burgers
- Surf and Turf Truck – Lobster rolls, crab rolls, steak sandwiches, truffle fries
- Sweet Salvation Truffles – Specialty food gifts
- T&N Homemade – Meatball sandwiches, sausage and peppers
- The Cow and the Curd – Curds
- Tired Hands Brewing Co – Craft beer
Image via Shutterstock
Source : https://patch.com/pennsylvania/ardmore/ardmores-5th-annual-cricket-cringle-what-you-need-know